SA 8000 - SOCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY CERTIFICATION
SA 8000 certification addresses issues including forced and child labor, occupational health and safety, freedom of association and collective bargaining, discrimination, disciplinary practices, working hours, compensation, and management systems.
As well as setting workplace standards worldwide, SA 8000 also embraces existing international agreements, including conventions from the International Labour Organization, the Universal Declaration on Human Rights, and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Adopting SA 8000 certification means an organization must consider the social impact of their operations in addition to the conditions under which their employees, partners, and suppliers operate. It can be applied to any company, of any size, worldwide. Certifying your organization against SA 8000 with an SGS audit will help you develop and improve social accountability across your operations. Working with our experienced auditors to implement the most globally accepted workplace standard demonstrates social accountability when bidding for contracts and expanding your organization.
|BENEFITS OF SA 8000 CERTIFICATION STANDARD|
• Proves your commitment to social accountability and treating your employees ethically and in compliance with global standards.
• Improves the management and performance of your supply chain
• Allows you to ensure compliance with global standards and reduce the risk of negligence, public exposure and possible litigation
• Supports your corporate vision and build and reinforce the loyalty of your employees, customers, and stakeholders
• Enables you to demonstrate proper social accountability when bidding for international contracts or expanding locally to accommodate new business